Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Astonishing Sale of a Disney Princess


I have a love/hate relationship with Disney items.  I don't immediately purchase them.  I guess in the back of my mind, I'm thinking....who really want's this stuff?  Not that I find a lot of Disney items.  If I do, it is typically clothing; and I'm just not convinced that Disney clothing is a hot buy.  Although I have heard Disney being a great seller, I'm always a little bit cautious.

However, when my daughter found a Disney Traditions Collection Princess at the thrift store - that was preowned, but still in the box - I had to have it. The princess that I purchased was Belle, from Beauty and the Beast. There was also a musical base that went with it that was also at the thrift store.  I really lucked out to get both pieces for about six dollars. At the time, I wasn't familiar with these Disney Princesses so I had to do my research. This princess was a part of Disney Traditions, a special collection by artist Jim Shore.  According to his website, Jim Shore grew up in rural South Carolina.  He was the son of artistic parents who instilled in him a love of the traditional imagery of American folk art.  He honed his skill as a sculptor and painter which eventually led to a partnership with Disney to create Disney Traditions.  Isn't she beautifully designed?

Prices were all over the place on Ebay, but I was pleased as punch to sell her for $89.99.  Honestly, I was a bit shocked, too.   What are your thoughts about Disney items?

No comments:

Post a Comment