Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Have you seen my MOJO?


For a few weeks, I have been feeling like I lost my MOJO.  Something about dealing with returns just takes the wind out of my sails a bit.  But today it is back.  Do you know what did it?  A thrifting trip.  Here's how it went.  While I was on my lunch break from my job, I decided to check out a few thrift stores.....Once I parked, I proceeded to get the things I usually take in the thrift store; money, keys and my smartphone.

For some reason, the store looked brand new to me today.  I walked in and it looked like there was SO MUCH STUFF that would be great for Ebay!  But you know what the problem was?  I was practically broke.   As I sat in the car with my keys and smartphone waiting to go in the store I discovered that I was low on cash.  I mean really low.  I came up with a measly $3.00 and some change.  Yep, I only had three one dollar bills on me.  I also had a checkbook and a credit card with me - but they don't take cards and I prefer not to write checks for this store -- cash only. ( I choose to think that helps me to curb my spending a bit.) So, because I know the prices for this store, I already had a plan for what I could and couldn't buy.  I checked out the knick-knacks and housewares. There was nothing there that I could afford for $3.00.  I looked at the books.  Didn't see anything that was interesting or vintage there.

Guess where I headed next -  THE BLUE BINS.  If you read one of my earlier blog posts titled, The Blue Bins are Off Limits, you will remember that I was not a fan of the bins.  Today, though, I knew that was the only place I could afford to buy anything from. So what did I get?  Two brand new pairs of men's shorts, size 50. Profit off these two pairs of shorts should be around $20 each so if all goes well, I should make $40 off of my $3 investment.  

How did this $3 investment help me get my MOJO back?  It helped me to see all of the things that I had to turn down that would have been great for Ebay.  As a result, I will make sure to have some cash in my purse the rest of the week.  I have a feeling it is gonna pay off.  I'm back on the thrifting track again.

What does it say about me that I spent my last three dollar bills on a thrifting trip? I'm not sure my husband, the anti-thrifter, would be pleased.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment