Thursday, March 17, 2016

Scam Prevention

You may remember that I wrote about someone trying to scam me out of one of my items.  That post can be found here.  In all truthfulness, my scammer was halfhearted at best.  Although this person was able to make a fake account and create some fake feedback to go along with it, they didn't try to seal the deal.  What I mean by that is they didn't try to send any payment, either fake or real, to purchase my item.  As a result, I waited……..Eventually I opened a case with eBay because the buyer had not paid.  It was only after they finished with the case that I was notified that the buyer was a fake. 

So it spooked me a  little.  I didn't immediately relist the item for sale, I waited a while.  Boy, am I glad that I did.  This cool mug from my childhood just sold at auction for $102.50 plus shipping.  I was shocked and amazed.  I was also a little nervous.  I really didn't expect it to go that high. It was paid for by the time I woke up the next morning.  Yaaasss!!  That’s what I’m talking about.

So after my first scamming experience, I decided that I would take an extra step and try to confirm some information about this buyer.  First I did a Google search of their username, just to see if that would come up with something.  That gave me some insight, but nothing major.  Next, I decided to research the Paypal address. I immediately identified that the address wasn't confirmed. I later learned that the address was for a business location that did shipping.   That didn't make me feel any better so the next logical step was to call eBay and PayPal .  I started with PayPal. They took too long to answer the phone so I didn't talk to them.  Calling eBay was next.  Someone answered pretty quickly and I explained that I wanted to check out my buyer, due to the previous scam efforts.  Fortunately, she was able to tell me that the buyer was legitimate, and had a good history with eBay.  That did it.  That was all I needed to know.  The item went out that afternoon.  I am hopeful that there will be no more problems with this mug.


I pray that it arrives at its destination unbroken.  I wrapped in bubble wrap and craft paper and put it in a box with air pillows. If a problem occurs I will update it here. If I could only sell things in this price range all the time…. For the record, here it is, Orange Blossom and Marmalade, from the Strawberry Shortcake characters.

4 comments:

  1. A lot of people use shipping services if they live overseas. It's awesome for us as sellers, because as long as it gets to that first stop, you're good. It's cheaper than using the global shipping program too.

    Also, if you're worried, just get some insurance! Not too expensive but it's very nice for peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, dollar flipper. Since it is a glass item, my real concern was about it breaking. What if it arrived to the shipping service fine - but broke when it headed overseas? I know that it has arrived to its first destination.I'm hopeful that all goes well as it heads to its final destination.

      Delete
  2. WOW! That gives me new faith in mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete