Monday, February 22, 2016

Bring back the Seventies!!



















I know that I’m going to be showing my age here but I just can’t help it.  There are some things about the 70’s that I just seem to get a bit sentimental about.  I have such fond memories of growing up with about 5 television channels, 8 track players and records.  Things were so much simpler when television went off at one in the morning to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner.  Oh the memories!!

I was transported back to the 70’s during a recent trip to my local Salvation Army store.  After a quick look through the book section, I headed to check out the toys.  To my surprise I saw a Cher doll! Yaaassss, I mean Cher of "Sonny and Cher".  If you remember anything about the seventies you absolutely must remember the awesomeness that was Sonny and Cher Bono and their daughter Chastity (now Chaz) Bono!! To  my surprise it was sealed in the original packaging, which in this case was a plastic bag with the name CHER written across it in cool lettering.  Right at that moment, I found myself singing a few bars of “I Got You Babe” and snatched her from the top of the heap.  Somehow, I couldn't just leave Cher and her “below her waist” length hair there among the misfit toys.  She had to come home with me.
Don’t get confused.  I am not a collector.  I didn't have any plans to keep Cher.  My plan for her was to list her  on ebay hoping that she could be reunited with a collector who has a Sonny Doll who needs a wife.  If that person is you, go here to find Cher.  Somebody out there had to appreciate this doll and I wanted to get them together.  So currently Sonnyless Cher is hanging out at my house waiting on her love connection.  Hopefully it will happen soon. 

Have you found something from your childhood that you just had to buy?  Let me know about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment