Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Reflections

This morning I woke up reflecting on how thankful that I am for this time in my life.  I am thankful to have a loving family and friends, a roof over my head, and a job that pays the bills.  I am thankful that in spite of some poor decisions that I may have made in the past, my life did not get derailed and go off course.  I have typically been someone who was a cautious decision maker. As a young person,  I would think about what kind of trouble might occur and what if my mom and dad found out.  Nevertheless, I have been some places that I shouldn't have been.  I have done some things that were not in my best interest.  I have hung out with some people that were not good for me.  I have made some choices that could have put me in some precarious situations. Any of those times could have resulted negative consequences.  Yet, in spite of all that, I am here to tell my own story and I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for ordering my steps so that I could be right where I am today. 

Fortunately, with age comes wisdom.  As I prepare for this Thanksgiving Holiday, I truly realize that every day is a day of Thanksgiving.  Happy Thanksgiving from me to you!


What's your story?  What are you thankful for?  Please share in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post and idea!

    I'm thankful for family and that I'm still walking after 10 knee surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 knee surgeries! Wow, that's pretty serious. I'm sure that had to be hard. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. With age comes wisdom!! Something we try to pass on to our children, but unfortunately they have to learn by their mistakes, just like we did! Why do we always hunk we know better than our elders? A mystery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CindyLou! You're right about that. I definitely have more wisdom than I did back in the day.

    ReplyDelete