Tuesday, October 6, 2015

An Ebay Return of Biblical Proportions!!



Ugh, it has been a weekend of difficulties!  First of all, I feel like I have been dealing with rain for the past two weeks here in North Carolina.  Although Hurricane Joaquin stayed off the coast, the various weather systems that came before it and after it were awful and dumped bucket-loads of rain on us.  I had my moments of thinking about Noah and the Ark and what it would feel like to deal with rain day after day for forty days.  But I digress….

My difficulties on Ebay began with a request for a refund.  I had a buyer message me that a magazine that I had sent him had water damage.  I didn't realize that when I sent it – but I did realize it when I was packaging it up to send him.  I didn't know if that would be important to him so I sent it anyway.  He messaged me, but didn't open a refund request.  I happened to be out of town when he sent  the message, so I messaged him back offering an apology and agreed to refund his money. I told him since I was out of town I would get it done within the next three days.  This is my first refund that I will have to make from Paypal.  He didn't open a refund request case, so I hope this will go well.  If any of you reading this have any particular advisement, let me know.

I also had a return request on a bible.  Hence the name "An Ebay Return of Biblical Proportions"... LOL. This was another first for me.  This buyer said the item was not as described.  Here is what happened.  This was a small bible with small writing.  He complained that the writing was smaller than the pictures showed. What?  I am not skilled enough to doctor pictures like that.  However, I did take close up pictures of the bible.  Actually, I take close up pictures of everything.  Anyway, he felt that the item was not as described.  Could I have given a better description?  Yes, and I have learned my lesson.  However, his refund request seemed to imply that I did something to the pictures, which I did not.  What’s a girl to do?  I called Ebay for guidance.  I started to process the return and have the buyer send it back to me…but I didn't.  I just returned his money.  This bible cost me $1 and I did not want to end up paying for shipping twice.  I realize this will result in a defect, but it is part of the learning experience.  I expect that I will survive.


On top of all that, I have an unpaid auction item to deal with too!
Well, they say when it rains it pours……I am a witness to that.  Thanks, Joaquin.

If you have any particular guidance for me about dealing with refunds, returns and defects - please share in the comments below.  I appreciate all feedback!

1 comment:

  1. The ups and downs of eBay! Ugh!!! Take a deep breath and move on. I always get a little gunshy of listing after problems.......you just need to keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete