Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sentimental or NAH?



I will admit that I have a sentimental streak.  There are some things that just have a special place in my heart.  Those are the things that will never, ever be posted on EBay.  However, there are some things that I have held onto for no apparent reason.  When you have kids, you just end up with STUFF.  I still have clothes, books, and toys that my children clearly have grown out of several years ago.This results in me having extra clutter around my house.  Personally, I can deal with a little bit of clutter - but it drives my husband CRAZY with a CAPITAL C.  He likes things to be neat and in order.  So I am hoping that Ebay will help me to be a clutter-killer.

Let me tell you, the struggle is real.  Although I have all kinds of odds and ends that I want to sell, sometimes I just cant keep myself from buying a good deal.  It's ridiculous, I know, but I have a feeling that some of you reading this might have the same problem.  We need to start an Ebayers Anonymous......The good thing is, these new things typically don't have any sentimental value or strong attachment to me.  They just need to be posted and sold.  The bad thing is, new purchases certainly don't help with clutter.

The picture above is one of my favorite sales. Dick and Jane books are reminiscent of my
 childhood.  In spite of that, was I sentimental about it?  Surprisingly, NAH.  I had every reason to be sentimental about this book, but I just wasn't.  It was my mom's book.  She was an elementary school teacher who took particular pride in teaching children how to read.  This was one of her textbooks.  It was tattered and torn and well read.  I sold it on Ebay for $17.50.  I was surprised that it sold for that amount, but realize now that it might have sold for more. Dick and Jane books are classic!!

What about you?  Are you sentimental or NAH?  How do you deal with organizing your ebay stuff?

College Fund Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment