Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blue Bins are OFF LIMITS! WHAT??

I remember my first trip to the Goodwill Store.  I didn't know what I would find, but made a quick beeline to the books.  I knew that books were safe.  The only things that books suggested about me was that I like to read.......

Since that time I have made numerous trips to Goodwill, sometimes going twice a week.  I have moved past being the woman that was insecure about shopping at Goodwill.  This store isn't particularly large, but I am always surprised by the interesting things that I find there.  I have gotten to the point that I can browse through the racks and immediately see the things that pique my interest.

In spite of my comfort level with Goodwill, I still leave the blue bins alone.  Of course any good thrifter knows that the golden ticket just might be found in the blue bins. So why do I avoid them?  For me, it's personal.  I just don't want to dig through and touch all of that stuff trying to find the great deal. It's a growth process, I think. I am not a germaphobe or anything, but I am really particular sometimes about what I want to touch.  I will dig in dirt, pick up worms and do all kinds of other stuff.  But for some reason, digging through those blue bins just doesn't make the cut.  I'm sure that it's mind over matter.  But unless I experience a major change of heart, the blue bins are off limits.

Am I alone in this?  Does anybody else consider the blue bins to be off limits for similar reasons? When you are thrifting, do you find that they are some things that you just don't want to touch?  Let me know in the comments.

College Fund Thrifter


4 comments:

  1. Many of the regulars at the GWO I frequent wear gloves. This may help you get over the ick-factor. There are certainly many treasures to be had in those bins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even at the outlet, Beach Thrifter. I'm struggling with those bins at the regular store,lol. Maybe gloves will do the trick...

      Delete
  2. I don't mind digging! Some days, I just plum don't feel like it though! I enjoy your blog! Time will teach you a lot in the eBay world. It is a learning curve. Don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Cindy Lou. Yes, I'm still learning. Eventually, I guess I will learn how to dig through those blue bins, lol. I'm sure that I will post about it when I do.

      Delete