Friday, August 7, 2015

MAKING IT STICK


I have wanted to start a blog for a long time.  I can even say that I started a couple of them – but they didn't last.  I couldn't quite pull it together in a consistent fashion.  This time I hope that won’t be the case.  Previously, I had all these grand ideas about me starting a blog, gaining readers, developing a following and somehow making a little extra money as a result.  I did plenty of research in preparation for this venture and even set up a paid website to make it happen.  But I soon realized that the direction I was taking just wasn't working for me. 

Fast forward to today.  I started selling on Ebay in May of this year.  I’m still learning , but I enjoy the challenge of it all; and that alone gives me something to write about.  As long as I keep selling – there’s gonna be something to write about.  All of my previous research told me that in order to be a successful blogger, you really had to do it for the right reasons.  You have to be passionate about what your blog had to offer.  That’s part of the reason that I failed at it.  I was trying to create passion – which was all wrong.  So, you might ask, am I passionate about selling on Ebay?  Not yet.  I think passionate is a pretty strong word and I’m not sure I am there yet.  Do I enjoy it?  Sure.  Do I like telling people about it? Yep.  If those two things are part of the criteria, then maybe I am well on my way to being passionate.  Give me a little time, I’ll get there.  Meanwhile, I am looking forward to making this one stick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment