Friday, August 21, 2015

FLASHBACK - MAY SALES

As you know, I started this Ebay adventure in May 2015.  I was just getting my feet wet, trying to make a few bucks.  I only sold a few things - but it was just enough to keep interested.  I sold five items during the month of May.  Here's the breakdown of just some of the items.


Discover Kids Magazines.  This was my most surprising sale.  I had no idea there was a market for back issue magazines.  When I think of all the magazines that I have gotten rid of, I was just throwing money away!  These particular magazine are educational in nature and have different lessons in them.  I thought they would be great for teachers or homeschool parents.  I sold 40 of them for $50 plus shipping.



I also sold a 7th grade math workbook and this baby book that I got from the Goodwill store that together cost $1.50.  Both of them sold really quickly.  I got burned a bit on the baby book because of it's size and weight.  I hadn't quite figured out the ins and outs of shipping and it was underpriced on the shipping.


Another pleasant surprise was this Pokemon Red gameboy advance cartridge.  This thing had been given to my kids by my nephew, who is now 21 years old.  The fact that it was Pokemon and it was red seemed to raise its value.  Although the picture shows the case, I just had the cartridge - no case.Whatever the case, this "vintage"  cartridge sold for 21.95 with free shipping.  I may have been able to get more, but at the time I thought it was a decent price.

Overall the month of my ended with a total profit minus fees came out to be $76.70.  This resulted in at $15.34 average per item price and I was satisfied with that.  With a little more effort, maybe I can double that.

College Fund Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment